This year in parallel to traditional oral sessions, we would like to introduce new “networking sessions“, conceived as informal discussion groups where participants can share their own perspectives on a particular topic, policy, research or innovation.
A networking session may be the perfect chance to start working on a good paper (review paper, new scientific contribution or just a communication) to be possibly included in the forthcoming special issue of Waste Management Journal on “Urban Mining and Circular Economy” or a place to develop collaborative relationships in the context of the opportunities offered by Horizon 2020 and the Juncker Commission’s work programme.
Stakeholders will be invited to participate.
Few examples of the possible topics to be covered:
• urban water recovery (rain, grey, wastewater, sustainable urban drainage, etc)
• organic waste recovery (domestic and general kitchen waste, organic component of the wastewater, organic market waste, integrated system, etc)
• energy recovery from urban waste (decentralised options, residential anaerobic digestion, etc)
• public reuse market place in the urban context (public space where to sell or swep secondhand furnitures, garments, etc)
• urban waste as secondary raw material for sustainable architecture
If you are interested in leading a networking session on a particular topic or research project, please do not hesitate to contact the Organising Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your idea by March 14th, 2016.